Nov 12, 2017

The 700K Cloud

I know I'm late on this story but in the early 90's Prince reportedly donated a (Teal) cloud guitar to be auctioned off for earthquake relief. This cloud was built be Andy Beech. Originally it was expecting to go for an estimated $60 - $80,000. I guess he overachieved yet again! I was astounded that it went for 700K....Wow! I have never head it referred to as teal before either? Maybe it was a color he was toying with and then decided not to use it as he's known to do. The Blue angel is more of a sky blue or even a light blue to me but maybe over the years this one has just yellowed and got really dirty? The back of the cloud seems to be a little lighter (cleaner) like the Blue Angel would look like. The Rave blue seems way to dark to be the one that's being sold. In any case I hope whoever ended up with it really appreciates it I would love to own it but that is so far out of my league it's crazy! I still love seeing these guitars pop up and it gives us a little more insight into the history of the clouds and Prince.





No comments:

Post a Comment